Friday, June 18, 2010

Trolling as art...

So today my friend Ben shared a link of one Armond White's review of Toy Story 3. Reading it just tickles me to death. At first, I did just think that White was being an acute troll, and doing a very, very good job of it based on the reader reactions. However, as I read into him a little more I see that he is someone who really appreciates, sees, and understands the art (alchemic poeticism) and depth that cinema (read: any art) can create and the power that flows from that. Steven Boone's review of Armond, White Power (get it? Armonds black =P ), really summarizes much of the depth of this grandmaster of trolling. He's trying to show you something meaningful by shitting on what you consider important in your own laziness or ignorance... Just wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment